Date:      Fri, 4 Nov 2011 14:52:53 -0430
From:      Alberto Mijares <amijaresp@gmail.com>
To:        Hans Petter Selasky <hselasky@c2i.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How to debug USB hardware issues

Hi Hans,

dmesg doesn't say anything when the failure occurs.

# sysctl hw.usb.no_cs_fail
sysctl: unknown oid 'hw.usb.no_cs_fail'

I turned on debugging in the modem driver

# sysctl hw.usb.u3g.debug=1
hw.usb.u3g.debug: 0 -> 1

However, I cannot recompile the kernel rigth now for USB_DEBUG.

I hope when the failure occurs again the driver be able to say what is
going on. I'll be posting the results here.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Alberto Mijares