Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2008 22:41:31 -0600
From:      "Tom Stuart" <freebsdemail@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Vista Dual Boot issues - Does not start on a track boundary

Hi Guys,

I'm nowhere near new on the FreeBSD front but have Never done a dual
boot with vista. Vista came pre-installed on this machine and I
created another partition using the resize function of Vista. When I'm
setting up my slices its complaining about Chunk ad0S1 does not start
on a track boundary...

Does anyone know if this is a common problem and the easiest way to
resolve this issue? I've tried going on and setting up the labels but
upon installation of packages it seems as though its having problem
doing a chroot due to the partitions not being setup correctly. I know
I could delete all slices and start out with freebsd and then install
vista but it would involve backing up approx. 150Gigs of data. I've
also done approximately 5 hours of searching archives, etc to no
avail.

I've tried everything with no success on FreeBSD7.0 Release, 7.1 beta
and 8.0 current.

Thanks,

Tom