Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 07:12:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian Buchanan <brian@wasteland.calbbs.com>
To:        ron@cts.com
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: (former?) Pentium secrets

On Thu, 11 Sep 1997 ron@cts.com wrote:

> I have heard the stories about Intel putting special, unpublished instructions
> into the Pentium for (guess who?) our buddies at MS (here I go again:-) I
> understand that this information became available to the rest of the software
> community later (hence the microtime capability). Can anyone tell me where I
> can obtain this info?

http://www.x86.org has a good ammount of information on the x86 family,
including undocumented features of the chips.

Brian Buchanan                                    brian@wasteland.calbbs.com
Fight SPAM!  Join CAUCE at http://www.cauce.org

"Using Windows NT for a server because it's easy to use is like hiring
 Miss America as your accountant because she's cute."

4.4BSD UNIX for the masses; just say NO to Microsoft!  http://www.freebsd.org