Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 09:34:11 -0800
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: wierd(to me) messages from setup of (supported) modem card.

> Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 23:28:21 -0600
> From: Larry Rosenman <ler@lerctr.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
>

> --On Wednesday, March 12, 2003 23:03:30 -0600 Larry Rosenman
> <ler@lerctr.org> wrote:
>
> > I noticed the errors at the top of this pccardc dumpcis also at pccardd
> > startup at boot:
> >
> > Code 128 not found
> > Code 128 not found
> > code Unknown ignored
> > Code 131 not found
> > Code 131 not found
> > code Unknown ignored
> > Configuration data for card in slot 0
> [snip]
> > I'm wondering if those code not found and code unknown ignored messages
> > are a problem, or just me having a weird setup?
> >
> > I can supply a dmesg if that would help any.
> FYI, in case it's not obvious, the modem works fine with both ppp's (user
> and kernel),
> so it's not fatal.
>
> But, being someone who doesn't like error messages....

I have been getting similar errors with my Xircom card (if_xl) for many
moons.

As I read the code, this is simply an indication that the there were
tuples received in the CIS dump that the software did not
recognize. This is not really an error--more informational. I agree that
it is a bit disturbing, though.

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)