Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 10:16:53 +0100
From:      "Rink Springer" <rink@springer.cx>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Printer problems, please help

Hi,

I've installed FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE on a server here (AMD K6-2 333MHz, 64MB
RAM), which does gatewaying, firewalling, NATd and finally, samba, samba for
printing.

The box works like a charm, but printing doesn't. The printer connected to
it is an Epson Stylus Color 600, hooked to /dev/lpt0. When I print the
Windoze test page, it works (lpq happily says the file is 200KB, and it gets
printed).

However, whenever I try to print some image that is about 1MB in the print
queue, the printer prints a small part, and the rest will not be printed. In
fact, the entire queue entry is gone!

Does anyone know what has caused this? I noticed some stray IRQ 7's, but
even if I enable polling mode (using lptcontrol -p), it doesn't work. I need
to get this printer working soon. It worked fine using RedHat Linux 6.1.

Anyone, please?

Thanks!
--Rink