Date:      Thu, 5 Jun 2003 06:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daryl Chance <chancedj@yahoo.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   calcru: negative time of -X

Is this a problem, or basically the same thing as
the "failed to force tx" message, just annoying :).

this isn't the same uname, i got this while doing an
install world over NFS.  the date on the previous
kernel (that this happened to) was May 30 16:47 EST

uname -a:

FreeBSD mp3.earthlink.net 5.1-CURRENT FreeBSD
5.1-CURRENT #0: Tue Jun  3 03:19:52 CDT 2003
root@mp3.earthlink.net:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/MP3  i386

If needed, I can run a cvsup tonight and an install
world to see if i get the same thing.

I can attach dmesg or a link to it if needed as well.

> calcru: negative time of -253917 usec for pid 38074
(cc1)
> calcru: negative time of -263047 usec for pid 46765
(cpp0)
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> calcru: negative time of -57346 usec for pid 56261
(cpp0)
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> calcru: negative time of -492777 usec for pid 75854
(cc1)
> calcru: negative time of -660022 usec for pid 95854
(sh)
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> calcru: negative time of -277297 usec for pid 1771
(cpp0)
> dc0: failed to force tx and rx to idle state
> calcru: negative time of -182752 usec for pid 5497
(cpp0)