Date:      Wed, 26 Oct 2005 09:41:05 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Achilleus Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Tanya N kessler <audiocollage@sbcglobal.net>
Cc:        freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help: Install JDK 1.5 on FreeBSD 5.4 AMD64

O Tanya N kessler Ýãñáøå óôéò Oct 25, 2005 :

> Yeah, I tried to execute the command by hand in a script.  I just get some other different errors.  The thing is, I shouldn't have the first error.  If other people can install it, why can't I?  In theory this is what I'm trying to do on a fresh install.  Of course I'm having some problems with installing the new world, but once I get passed that maybe it will work?  If someone sees something that I'm missing, please point it out.
>

>    Install FreeBSD 5.4 on AMD64.
>    Create /root/current-supfile
>

> *default host=cvsup7.freebsd.org
> *default base=/usr
> *default prefix=/usr
> *default release=cvs tag=.

Dope!!!!!!!!!!
Do you realize that you are not longer on FreeBSD 5.4 ????
Can you do a "uname -a" right now?
For 5.4 you would need smth like:
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5
(for stable development branch), or
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_4
(for the "errata" branch, or merely just
*default release=cvs tag=RELENG_5_4_0_RELEASE
(for the release itself).

--
-Achilleus