Date:      Fri, 27 Jul 2007 09:48:32 +0200
From:      Milos Vyletel <mv@rulez.sk>
To:        Peter Wemm <peter@wemm.org>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ULE status, invalid load, buildkernel times.

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 06:06:20PM -0700, Peter Wemm wrote:
> The other option is to find the kernel.debug for this crash, and do
> this:
> kgdb kernel.debug
> gdb>  l *0xffffffff8033953c
> This will tell us the file and line number that the crash happened in.
> There is no need to reboot for this unless you no longer have a
> crashing kernel.

I've played with this a little while, and after turning INVARIANTS on, it
paniced in lapic_ipi_raw() on the
KASSERT(lapic != NULL, ("%s called too early", __func__));

so I assume, that this function was called before lapic_init(), where lapic is initialized, which is wrong.

It was clean current kernel with no other patches, now I don't have local
access to that machine so I can test it in few days.

btw. how can one get trace in text form, I mean syslog stop after panic and all
I got logged is that it paniced. Anything I type in db> is lost. I know that
this can be done by remote gdb, but unfortunatelly this isn't possible.

Thanks