Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2001 22:14:16 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Daehyun Yoon <yoon@nacse.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <freebsd-net@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Slow netstat -r printout

Hi all,

I'm having some strange problem with netstat.
Every once in a while when I type netstat -r, it takes
minutes until it displays the entire output. Sometimes it
never finishes. Strange thing is if I type netstat -n or netstat -nr,
it doesn't take more than a half a second to get the entire output.
And when it tries to get the routing information during netstat -r,
entire networking seems to stop. Is there any reason for that?
I'm running FreeBSD 4.2, with @home cable modem.

Please let me know if I should provide more information.
Thanks a lot in advance.

Regard,
Dae H Yoon
yoon at nacse dot org