Date:      Tue, 13 Apr 1999 20:13:53 -0500
From:      lambert@warped.cswnet.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems compiling the kernel on SCSI -STABLE

In <3713F59F.7FB32AB4@frenchknot.ne.mediaone.net>, on 04/13/99
   at 09:55 PM, "James E. Housley" <housley@frenchknot.ne.mediaone.net> said:

>lambert@warped.cswnet.com wrote:
>> The only wierd thing in my dmesg output seems to be a warning about using
>> too many ports on the controller even when only one port is in use.
>>
>Is the termination set properly in the SCSI card bios?  I would think
>that it should be auto-termination and the drive should also be
>terminated.

It was set as "Low ON/High ON" for both channels on the SCSI adaptor.

The drive at the end of each SCSI cable is also set to be terminated.

I have changed the SCSI BIOS to Auto termination.  No change in the
error message.

I went back and reIPLed the other machine.  His SCSI BIOS message
says it is an AIC-7895 where the failing machine says AIC-7895P.
Both have the same SCSI BIOS version of 1.32.

I don't know what the difference would be.  The failing machine was purchased
about 2 weeks after the working machine.