Date:      Wed, 15 Mar 2006 03:01:29 -0400
From:      Duane Whitty <duane@greenmeadow.ca>
To:        "Andrey V. Semyonov" <wilfre@mail.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Thunderbird + Mozilla Suite

Andrey V. Semyonov wrote:
> Is it possible and what docs do describe setting a mozilla-bin from
> Mozilla Suite as URL-browser in Thunderbird?
>
> Mozilla Suite and Thunderbird are installed from ports.
Hi Andrey,

Yes it is possible.  The first step is to check if the
proper configuration entry is present.

In Thunderbird, from the menu bar, choose
Edit, Preferences, Advanced, Config Editor.
In the filter bar, type
network.protocol-handler
Check the entries under Preference Name for
network.protocol-handler.app.http
If it is there right click on it and choose modify
Now enter the path to the file which launches the browser
you want to use.  For a mozilla related program it is probably
under /usr/X11R6/bin/

For example, the Mozilla Firefox  launcher is
found at /usr/X11R6/bin/firefox

(sorry, I'm running firefox right now so I can not say
with absolute certainty where the mozilla-suite binary
is located)

If you did not find an entry named
network.protocol-handler.app.http then
right click on any entry under Preference Name.
Choose New, String.
When you are prompted for the new string type
network.protocol-handler.app.http
When you are prompted for the new value enter the path
of the mozilla web browser launcher.

Follow the same procedures as above to enable support for https.
Everywhere you typed http above type https instead.

I hope this helps.

--Duane Whitty