Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2006 23:44:38 +0100
From:      =?ISO-8859-1?Q?K=F6vesd=E1n_G=E1bor?= <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>
To:        MoonblueZ <moonbluez@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: UPDATE 5.4R to Stable

MoonblueZ wrote:

> OK... Thnx im understand about this work now
> but if that 5.5 is released, is that important to running update again
> to get to stable branch?
>

> On 3/12/06, * Kövesdán Gábor* <gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu
> <mailto:gabor.kovesdan@t-hosting.hu>> wrote:
>
>     MoonblueZ wrote:
>
>     >i just update my box from 5.4R to 5.4-Stable
>     >but i got a wrong update version.. here the uname sample
>     >
>     >cidomo# uname -a
>     >FreeBSD cidomo.moonbluez.or.id <http://cidomo.moonbluez.or.id>;
>     5.5-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 5.5-PRERELEASE #0: Sat
>     >Mar 11 09:28:12 WIT 2006
>     >nugelo@cidomo.moonbluez.or.id:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/CIDOMO
>     >i386
>     >
>     >anyone know how to fix this problem? pls help me..
>     >
>     >
>     >
>     You got the right version. The 5.X stable branch is now called
>     5.5-PRERELEASE. After 5.5 gets release it becomes 5.5-STABLE.
>     Similarly,
>     the stable branch for 6.X is now 6.1-PRERELASE and it will be called
>     6.1-STABLE after 6.1 comes out.
>
>     Gabor Kovesdan

It depends on your demand. If you feel like updating again, do so, if
not, that's no problem. The stable branches are changing quite fluently,
it's up to you, how often you update. If you don't have any problem with
your installation, you don't need to update very often.

Gabor Kovesdan

P.S.: Please, do not top-post. Here in the list we prefer writing and
reading replies below the original message. Thanks.