Date:      Wed, 02 Dec 1998 15:34:21 -0500
From:      Roman Katsnelson <roman@atlas-design.net>
To:        Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
Cc:        "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sniffer

> > and being that this is a custom kernel on a live and important web
> You think the GENERIC kernel, with lots of unneeded bloat, is better

No, I was saying that we already have a custom kernel. And it was kind
of a pain to compile, and it finally works and I'd just rather not touch
it. But I guess I *could* keep it around anyway. I don't know. But do I
understand correctly, tcpdump doesn't need any additions to the kernel?
It just needs to be setuid root?

Thanks,
Roman