Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 14:32:04 -0600
From:      Stephen Hilton <nospam@hiltonbsd.com>
To:        gnome@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Google Groups entry for mailing.freebsd.gnome

Hello,

I am interested in seeing this list archived for searching
via Google Groups.

Link example for currently listed FreeBSD mailings:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mailing.freebsd&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search

From Googles page regarding adding a newsgroup:

-------------------snip------------------
#  How can I ask for a newsgroup to be added?

Send a message to groups-support@google.com that includes the name
of the newsgroup you would like to have added to the archive.
Your request will be reviewed, and if it's accepted, the newsgroup
will be added within a few days. Each request is evaluated to
determine the value of the information the newsgroup contains, but
there are no guarantees that a given newsgroup will be added.
Please do not send more than one request to add a particular
newsgroup as this slows the evaluation process and does not affect
the ultimate outcome.

I am not clear as to how to reference the gnome@FreeBSD.ORG list
for submission ?

Comments / suggestions / "don't do it" etc... welcome

The search/archive at FreeBSD.ORG is available, but the Google
version is much faster for me, and does not use the projects
bandwidth.

Regards,

Stephen Hilton
nospam@hiltonbsd.com