Date:      Wed, 11 Feb 1998 17:46:12 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Todd 'Taco' Hansen" <taco@tshansen.reshall.ucsd.edu>
To:        michael <killjoy@burnvictim.com>
Cc:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dorm room ethernet

no. if you had your own domain name, or found someone who was giving them
out, you could assign a name from their domain, but you don't have any
power to globally change/modify another organizations domain names. Unless
of course you only want this name to apply to people connecting from your
machine, then you do a host file.

--
"Hey!  Who took the cork off my lunch??!"
                -- W. C. Fields

Todd Hansen, KD6YPS
http://sehplib.ucsd.edu/~tshansen/