Date:      Wed, 24 Dec 2003 00:16:43 -0800 (PST)
From:      Srinivasa Kanduru <ksraghavan@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: floppy mount support

Hi,

Yes looks like there are some problems with the floppy drive in this version ..
the floppy drive as such works fine with netbsd and linux on other partitions.

I am posting the relevent portions of dmesg which gave some errors ..
..

FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jun  5 02:55:42 GMT 2003
    root@wv1u.btc.adaptec.com:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
Preloaded elf kernel "/boot/kernel/kernel" at 0xc0b0c000.
Preloaded mfs_root "/boot/mfsroot" at 0xc0b0c26c.
Preloaded elf module "/boot/kernel/acpi.ko" at 0xc0b0c2b0.
Timecounter "i8254"  frequency 1193182 Hz
Timecounter "TSC"  frequency 1991922376 Hz
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.00GHz (1991.92-MHz 686-class CPU)
fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
orm0: <Option ROMs> at iomem 0xcc000-0xd3fff,0xc0000-0xcbfff on isa0
pmtimer0 on isa0
fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports)

There are other errors also which is not relevent to this problem, but it is
unusual .. (there are lot of errors printed below)
module_register: module pci/txp already exists!
Module pci/txp failed to register: 17
interface sysvmsg.1 already present in the KLD 'kernel'!
module_register: module pccard/xe already exists!
Module pccard/xe failed to register: 17
module_register: module pci/pcn already exists!
Module pci/pcn failed to register: 17
module_register: module pcn/miibus already exists!
Module pcn/miibus failed to register: 17
module_register: module pci/vr already exists!
Module pci/vr failed to register: 17
module_register: module vr/miibus already exists!
Module vr/miibus failed to register: 17
module_register: module pci/ste already exists!
Module pci/ste failed to register: 17
module_register: module ste/miibus already exists!
Module ste/miibus failed to register: 17
module_register: module if_tun already exists!
..

Thanks,
Srini