Date:      Fri, 27 Mar 1998 06:19:31 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew MacIntyre <andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au>
To:        "Daniel R. Brownstone" <drbrowns@ls.wustl.edu>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Optimizing FreeBSD

On Wed, 25 Mar 1998, Daniel R. Brownstone wrote:

> As a follow up, since I upgraded to 2.2.5-STABLE, occasionally I see this
> when I log in (or when anyone else does):
>
> inetd in realloc(): warning: junk pointer, too low to make sense.
>
> just before the login prompt.  At that point, ftp also shuts down.  Only
> solution is to reboot.
>
> I doubt this is connected to our freezing problem, since it only started
> after the upgrade.

Someone (Cy Schubert??) in the last week or so posted a set of accumulated
patches for 2.2.5-RELEASE, including a fairly critical VM fix from John
Dyson.  The VM fix may be a solution to your freeze problem....

If you can, I'd suggest looking through the list archive for that set of
patches, which will probably tide you over until you're ready to upgrade
to 2.2.6.

E-mail: andrew.macintyre@aba.gov.au    (work) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (play) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Fido:   Andrew MacIntyre, 3:620/243.18        |        Australia