Date:      Wed, 22 Aug 2007 13:29:12 -0700
From:      Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>
To:        Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
Cc:        Gary Kline <kline@tao.thought.org>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ps2ascii. &c.

On Wed, Aug 22, 2007 at 01:12:06AM -0700, Predrag Punosevac wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:
> >	Guys,
> >
> >	If this is a re-post, sorry.  I thought I mailed this to -questions.
> >	Anyway, where are the pdf and pd and other ghostscript converters?
> >	I thought these utilities were in the default distribution, but I
> >	can't find them. pdfps, pdftoascii, and so forth.
> >
> >	thanks in advance for any help,
> >
> >	gary
> >

> I use ghostscript-gpl-8.57 which is in print.
> The commands are actually ps2pdf and pdf2ps. I am not using acscii
> converter but I the command  is
> ps2ascii. Are you sure you are using right commands?

	On my Ubuntu server (which is starting to fail big time)
	there is pdf2ascii.  It takes severa flags, so it may be a custom
	script from the Debian guys.  Here (FBSD) the scripts are
	similar, but much simpler; fewer flaf.s.  --Of course I haven't
	upgraded ghostscript-gnu for months.

	BTW, I was looking for the ps/pdf stuff in converters....  Live
	and learn!

> The other converters like dvips, dvipdfm are in print.

	thanks, gents; it helps to have all this expertise

	gary

--
  Gary Kline  kline@thought.org   www.thought.org  Public Service Unix