Date:      Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:10:44 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Christopher J. Booth" <cbooth@aixx.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Receiving Faxes

Hi, Folks:

I have been having trouble getting hylafax set up to receive faxes. I have
followed the hylafax chapter in _The Compleat FreeBSDler_, and have looked
at various man pages; I don't see how to get it running. I expected it to
after running faxsetup and faxaddmodem, both of which seem to process
acceptably. But attempts to receive a fax have been unsuccessful, my
machine does not respond to the incoming calls. If faxgetty is not
working, where can I find out more about setting it up?

"faxstat" gets a response:

	HylaFAX scheduler on camelot.: Not running

, "camelot." being the hostname of my machine.

This is after running "hfaxd -i hylafax".

Thanks in advance.

Chris Booth

Christopher J. Booth
cbooth@aixx.net