Date:      Tue, 26 Feb 2002 11:36:10 -0700
From:      "Dan Trainor" <dan@ript.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: 4.5 ISO Not consitant. I must press the issue.

The thing that I fear the most if BSD becoming completely
commercialized, like some of the Linux distributions that we've seen in
the past (Redhat, Caldera, Corel, pick your name).  I'm relatively new
to FreeBSD, but I absolutely love the way it is, and hope that the
development path stays in the direction that it's going in.  I would
just hate to see BSD fall where the Linuces (what's the plural for
Linux?) did.  Does anyone else fear the same?  I know that the project
does need funding, but selling out should never be a considered option.

And the consistency... give me a break.  Bill Moran was absolutely
right; Windows' networking options have been convoluted and distraught
from the start, and they're probably not going to get any better.  I do,
in fact, prefer a straight command-line rather than a bunch of colorful
and worthless icons.  The job might be a tad more difficult like that,

-dt