Date:      Sun, 22 Apr 2007 20:09:57 -0400
From:      Joe Kraft <jvk-list@thekrafts.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What to backup for named?

After a recent disk failure, I left myself a note to add the DNS/DHCP
info to my backup.

I have a small, over-engineered for my education, network of 10
computers in my house.  I run BIND with dynamic zones on my FreeBSD
server, I also use the DNS service on my Win2k-AD server.  They both are
designated as slaves for each other.

What do I need to backup?  Are just the configuration files from
/var/namedb/etc/namedb enough to recreate everything if my FBSD server
dies?  Or are there some database files I should be keeping also?

I tried googling, but either this is way to easy of a question or I'm
not looking in the right places.

Thanks for any insight,
Joe.