Date:      Wed, 9 Aug 2000 07:32:34 -0700
From:      "Peter" <peter@wirelesssecurity.org>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, <newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Problems: identd not working on sec ip HELP!!!!!!!!!

Hi

I have a little problems with identd.  I uncomment it on inetd.conf and it
running great on my main ip,  but it doens't run on my other ips i have on
the box.  The way i set up the other ip is my alias on rc.conf  I only got 1
nic on the box but have 2 ips on it. the first one identd work fine on it
but i can't get the sec ip to work.  I tried bother oidentd and pidented.
Plz help

Yes i did read all the man on both of them.  Nothing seem to work could
somone offer some suggestions ?

Maybe I added the sec ip wrong would somone suggest the right way of doing
it.
The way i did it was in rc.config i added this
192.168.10.97 is my primary ip
that is where my named running off of
192.168.10.91 is my sec ip i added myself
The box is sitting behind a firewall

both host name that are on the box is sitting on the named on the firewall
or outside of it

# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- #
ifconfig_xl0="inet 192.168.10.97  netmask 255.255.255.0"
ifconfig_xl0_alias0="inet 192.168.10.91 netmask 0xffffffff"

Thx you much!!!!!!!!!!