Date:      Sun, 11 Aug 2002 16:53:00 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Hiten Pandya <hitmaster2k@yahoo.com>
To:        Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org>, freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Changing books like design-44bsd and corp-net-guide

--- Christian Brueffer <chris@unixpages.org> wrote:
> to what extend can we 'change' donated chapters of books like
> design-44bsd or corp-net-guide?

I think this depends on what permission the author of the doc would give
you.  The other thing is, donated documents should not be changed at all,
all additional information should be added to the right part of the
handbook, or make an article IMHO.

> Is it allowed to fix typos and bad grammar?

If you fix typos in a 'donated' document; a copy of the patch should go
to the original author as well.

> I have a patch ready for the corp-net-guide chapter and just
> wanted to make sure it doesn't contain anything which won't
> be committed anyway.

As I said above, the permission of the author is very important.
Hope that helps.

  -- Hiten