Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 2004 08:48:32 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <m.seaman@infracaninophile.co.uk>
To:        Robert Fitzpatrick <robert@webtent.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: --enable-local with openldap21-server

--envbJBWh7q8WU6mo

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:24:08PM -0500, Robert Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Can't seem to find where or how to add the config arg for openldap
> '--enable-local'. No mention in the Makefile or should I just add it to
> CONFIGURE_ARGS?

As far as I can tell, --enable-local is set automatically by the
configure script.  As FreeBSD certainly does support AF_LOCAL unix
domain sockets, and it has the sys/un.h header that the configure
script tests for, then you will get the support you want
automatically.
=20
> Also, the openldap package was loaded at system build and found is
> currently in /usr. I did portupgrade on it a while back and now at
> openldap-server-2.1.27. Do I go back into
> /usr/ports/net/openldap21-server to 'make deinstall' and 'make
> reinstall' to get a new build with the options I need?

Do a 'pkg_delete openldap-server-\*' or 'pkg_deinstall
openldap-server-\*' (the last if you're a portupgrade user).  Then
install from the port in the usual way.

	Cheers,

	Matthew

--=20