Date:      Wed, 05 May 1999 11:15:22 -0700
From:      GVB <gvbmail@tns.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   problem with w/finger/wtmp/lastlog/etc....

Still can't figure out my problem on my 3.1 system upgraded from 2.2.8.  w,
finger, and who all do not work, or do not show correct information.

root@batman ~> finger=20
Login            Name                 TTY  Idle  Login Time   Office  Phone
blushmag         www.blushmagazine.co p1         Tue    12:43

root@batman ~> w
w: /dev//.=D7,7ttyp1: No such file or directory
11:18AM  up 21 days,  2:11, 1 user, load averages: 0.02, 0.07, 0.02
USER             TTY      FROM              LOGIN@  IDLE WHAT
blushmag         p1       -                Tue12PM     - w

root@batman ~> who
1                .=D7,7ttypOct 18 01:51   (tns.net)
blushmag         ttyp1   May  4 12:43

All three of those command report wrong information and the w and who
command show some garbage as the first line.  Again, this is on a 2.2.8
system upgraded to 3.1, is there something I am missing?  I have deleted
and recreated utmp, wtmp, laslog.  PLEASE help!

Thanks