Date:      Mon, 12 Aug 2002 07:01:37 -0700
From:      Erick Mechler <emechler@techometer.net>
To:        Justin Mitchell <justin@justinmitchell.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: sysinstall install.cfg help

(this should have gone to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org)

:: Hiya. I'm setting up a config for an automated install with freebsd 4.6
:: and have run into one little issue. It doesn't appear to be running the
:: configuration to setup my hostname, ip address, etc. Pretty much
:: everything in /etc/rc.conf is missing. I looked around, and noticed that in
:: old versions of freebsd that you needed to install the package "ari-0.0",
:: but I didn't see anything like that in the current package INDEX. Any
:: ideas as to what I need to do? I'd also like to know how to setup initial
:: user accounts and the root password if that's possible.

Judging by the nature of your questions, I'd say the best thing for you to
do is to check out the FreeBSD handbook.  It should be able to answer all
of your questions.

  http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/index.html

Cheers - Erick