Date:      Wed, 24 May 2000 17:02:23 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dean Brundage <Dean.Brundage@EBay.Sun.COM>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.0 and npx0

I just installed 4.0 in my 486/75 but am running into problems.  It's a crappy
motherboard and I need to disable npx0 for my 486/75 to start up without
panic'ing.  (I've tried kernels with and without options MATH_EMULATE).  The
machine prevously had 3.4 on it and I was able to disable npx0 in kernel.conf or
the config editor.  Now, no matter where I try to disable npx0, it is still
probed on boot and the machine panic's.  I have verified that it is disabled by
doing a ls in the config editor (boot -c).  I'm looking for some advice on how
to get this box back up and running.

Please include me in the reply.
TIA,
--Dean
Unscrambler of eggs.
IT Ops aka ITPS aka SunIT aka SunIR aka ENS aka Desktop Support