Date:      Mon, 03 Sep 2001 23:09:47 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
To:        tlambert2@mindspring.com
Cc:        Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What is VT_TFS?

Terry Lambert wrote:

> Zhihui Zhang wrote:
> >
> > What is the file system that uses VT_TFS in vnode.h? Is it still available
> > on FreeBSD?  Thanks.
>
> Julian added it for TRW Financial Services; the first public
> reference machine for 386BSD (which later became FreeBSD and
> NetBSD) was ref.tfs.com.  TRW supported a lot of the early
> 386BSD/FreeBSD effort, back before Walnut Creek CDROM threw
> in and had us change the version number from 0.1 to 1.0 to
> make it a bit easier to sell.  The version numbers have been
> bloating ever since...

I think you are thinking of other stuff I did at TFS, (we had something similar)
but never committed here.. this was actually done in the following commit:

Revision 1.36 / (download) - annotate - [select for diffs],
	Thu Oct 17 17:12:04 1996 UTC (4 years, 10 months ago) by jkh
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: RELENG_2_2_BP
Branch point for: RELENG_2_2
Changes since 1.35: +2 -2 lines
Diff to previous 1.35 (colored)

Some very small changes to support Netcon's TFS filesystem.
These patches were formerly applied by the Netcon installer
before rebuilding your kernel.