Date:      Tue, 23 Feb 2016 11:02:30 +0000
From:      krad <kraduk@gmail.com>
To:        Carmel <carmel_ny@outlook.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Updating Samba on new server.

There are quite a few changes from samba 3 to samba 4. We had quite a
headache when someone upgraded a freenas box at work which resulting in a
major samba jump. I wasnt directly involved but I think it there were lots
of stuff with extended ACLs that needed fixing. Don't take the upgrade
lightly and read all the upgrade notes before attempting. Definitely ask in
the samba forums for advice.