Date:      Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:40:44 +0200
From:      Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org>
To:        Wayne Pascoe <wayne.pascoe@realtime.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Make world - selecting what will be made

On Wed 2001-02-14 (09:41), Wayne Pascoe wrote:
> Neil Blakey-Milner <nbm@mithrandr.moria.org> writes:
>
> Hi Neil :) Fancy bumping into you here :) Where are you physically
> located at the moment ?

*grin* Still good ol' .za.  (If you're up to something interesting, mail
me off-list *grin*)

> > make CFLAGS="-O6 -march=i686" buildworld
> >
> > (or put it in /etc/make.conf)
> >
> > (By the way, don't build with anything but -O, or you may get unexpected
> > optimization bugs.  If you value reliability, use -O.)
>
> So you're saying that my line in make.conf should look like
> CFLAGS= -O6 --march=i686 -pipe
>
> or should I lose the --march=i686 ?

Oh, I meant "don't use -O6, that's dangerous, just use -O".  (Actually,
I've seen used and used more before, but got bitten a bit)

So, feel free to use "-march=i686", just beware -Ox (x > 1).

Neil
--
Neil Blakey-Milner
nbm@mithrandr.moria.org