Date:      Thu, 28 Dec 2000 18:21:30 -0500
From:      "Charles Sobiech" <csobiech@kurtispc.com>
To:        <questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   attempting to install on an AlphaPC 164LX

Hello,

I am attempting to install FreeBSD 4.2 on an AlphaPC 164LX.
I boot from floppy and then attempt to install the OS, but
after I make my selections, I get write errors and then
'unable to transfer the _____ distribution from cd0c'

I have updated the SRM console and firmware to the latest
possible version, attempted the install using an Adaptec
2940UW SCSI adapter, which is listed as being supported in
the hardware.txt documentation, switched between several
different SCSI HDDs, and finally installed an IDE HDD and
an IDE CDROM drive. I get the same error every time!

Anxiously,
Charles Sobiech