Date:      Fri, 16 Jan 1998 09:57:54 +0300 (MSK)
From:      =?KOI8-R?B?4c7E0sXKIP7F0s7P1w==?= <ache@nagual.pp.ru>
To:        Satoshi Asami <asami@cs.berkeley.edu>
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: bsd.port.mk patch for review

On Thu, 15 Jan 1998, Satoshi Asami wrote:

> Yes, we can certainly fix this in bsd.port.mk but I think this just
> illustrates that it's patch that really needs to be fixed.  Can we
> tell POSIX to go fsck itself and make patch work the same on all
> versions of FreeBSD?

Different options and different behaviour are intentional move of patch
maintainers and are well documented in patch(1), so we can't change it.

Preferred variant will be bring patch 2.5 from -current to -stable, but
since I not run -stable, I prefer somebody else to do MFC, could it be
you?  Then we can add -b to bsd.port.mk safely.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ache@nietzsche.net>