Date:      Fri, 11 Feb 2005 08:22:56 -0800
From:      Jeff Soule <jsoule@webcrossing.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems with 4.10 Release and "supported" hardware

Greetings!

I find myself suddenly unable to install 4.10 release on a hardware=20
configuration that I have been using for some time now.  The RAID array=20=

is not recognized so installation can't proceed beyond the initial=20
screen :-(

The hardware in question is a Supermicro X5DPR-TG2+ motherboard and a=20
3Ware 9500S-4 controller.  This same 3ware card works on another=20
supermicro motherboard, and the motherboard that does not work has not=20=

changed in some time.  We even back revved the bios on the motherboard=20=

with no joy.  The latest 3ware card does have some new features that=20
the previous version did not have.  battery backup and an updated bios.=20=

  The motherboard that does work has the same chip-set, but the bus=20
speed is PC100 rather then PC133.

Ideas and or help?

Thanks!

BTW: if there is a better list for this kind of question, please direct=20=

me. :-)

/Jeff
=A0=