Date:      Tue, 1 Apr 2003 22:28:09 -0900
From:      "Mark-Nathaniel Weisman" <mark@outlander.us>
To:        "Brian McCann" <bjm1287@ritvax.isc.rit.edu>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   RE: NATD & IPFW

The entry I added to my ruleset was:
# Allow outbound pings
	ipfw add pass icmp from any to any in recv $external icmptypes 0
	ipfw add pass icmp from any to any out xmit $external icmptypes 8

# Allow outbound traceroutes
	ipfw add pass icmp from any to any in recv $internal icmptypes 3=20
	ipfw add pass icmp from any to any in recv $internal icmptypes 11

I don't use fetch, so I'm not sure which port it uses, nor am I familiar =
with which protocol it needs to use. Sorry. These two are =
self-explanatory. Hope this helps.

A Faithful Servant,
Mark-Nathaniel Weisman
President / CEO
Infinite Visions Educational Systems Inc.
Anchorage, AK
weismanm@ivedsys.org