Date:      Thu, 22 Nov 2007 14:58:24 +0100
From:      Marcio Cicero <marcio29@live.com>
To:        Tom Evans <tevans.uk@googlemail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-performance@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: Optimal Apache22 configuration

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your input.

As far as I can remember there were experimental support for kqueue polling=
 events on apache2 which I remember as nice performance improvement. But un=
fortunately I can't find any info regarding kqueue for apache22.=20

Is this possible for apache22?

TIA
Regards,
Marcio
> Subject: Re: Optimal Apache22 configuration
> From: tevans.uk@googlemail.com
> To: marcio29@live.com
> CC: freebsd-performance@freebsd.org; freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
> Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 11:39:12 +0000
>=20
> On Wed, 2007-11-21 at 19:49 +0100, Marcio Cicero wrote:
> > Hello all,
> >=20
> > Tomorrow i'll start configuring an apache22 server at work and I've bee=
n searching what's the best configuration for apache22 on apache.
> >=20
> > Is it possible to use kqueue() support for apache22? Also, the best thr=
eading library around for apache22 on freebsd is libthr?
> >=20
> > The best mpm for this kind of environment is still worker?
> >=20
> > Is there any updated documentation on this matter?
> >=20
> > Thanks in advance.=20
> > Regards,
> > Marcio
> >=20
>=20
> We use a pair of apache22 webservers in a round robin configuration at
> work, doing proxying to app servers and serving static content for all
> our websites, and they run very nicely indeed under the event MPM. This
> is still marked as 'experimental' as apache, but the reason is that it
> doesn't support accept filters or SSL yet (support is planned). If you
> need SSL, I'd go for worker. If you need PHP, I'd go for prefork :)
>=20
> We wanted a pair for redundancy and failover support, and we were unsure
> one server could handle the load, but load tends to hover at about 0.1
> on both boxes, and they tend to 'just work', which is nice :)
>=20
> We use libthr, which works perfectly (as you would expect, lots of
> apache devs run and recommend FreeBSD).
>=20
> Cheers
>=20