Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 2004 12:59:37 +0000
From:      Mark Ovens <marko@freebsd.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   LAN Browsing not working in KDE 3.3

LAN Browsing in Konqueror (Services tab in Navigation panel) was working
fine in the previous version I was running (3.2.x IIRC) using the lisa
daemon. In 3.3.0 however, when I select LAN Browsing I get an error
"Protocol not supported: lan".

ISTR reading somewhere that lisa had been replaced by something else for
providing this functionality but I can't find it now. lisa definitely
isn't installed on my system.

I can't find any info on docs.kde.org on how to set up LAN Browsing but
the lisa documentation is still listed under kdenetwork in 3.3.

Samba is running and I can browse my FreeBSD box in Network
Neighbourhood on Windows boxes.

Can someone point me in the right direction please?

TIA

Regards,

Mark