Date:      Sun, 12 May 96 23:46:11 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <freyes@i-2000.com>
Subject:   colored prompts in BASH

I tried posting this question in the comp.unix.shell, but my post
failed so here it goes..
----------------
At work there is one Linux computer and the bash shell there
has color prompts for different types of files. I have FreeBSD
at home and I would like to have colored prompts.

I have searched in the Bash FAQ and did not find anything
regarding colored prompts. I tried the man pages also.

Is this a feature available to Linux only?

If this is a Linux feature would it be too difficult to introduce to
FreeBSD?
Perhaps it could go into the "low priority" list of things to do.