Date:      Fri, 3 Oct 2008 17:22:57 +0900
From:      Pyun YongHyeon <pyunyh@gmail.com>
To:        Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Giuseppe Pagnoni <gpagnoni@gmail.com>, freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: LG combo drive and Attansic Technology ethernet card on Asus P5Q Pro

On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 04:18:48PM -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
 > On Thu, Oct 02, 2008 at 06:32:20PM +0200, Giuseppe Pagnoni wrote:

[...]

 > > On an unrelated topic, does anybody know whether the network card
 > > Attansic Technology on Asus P5Q Pro motherboard is compatible with
 > > FreeBSD?
 >
 > Asus was somewhat vague as to what model of Attansic/Atheros IC they
 > used on the P5Q series.  I have one of these boards, so I can assure
 > you it's an Attansic L1E.  It's sometimes referred to as an Atheros
 > AR8121, AR8113, or AR8114.
 >
 > FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE has support for this NIC; age(4) is the driver.
 > 7.0 will very likely not support this NIC.

If the controller is AR8121/AR8113 PCI-E adapters(also known as
L1E) there is no working driver for FreeBSD. Because the controller
is quite different from its predecessor L1, new driver should be
written for the controller.
It's not feasible for me to write the driver until I can actually
access the hardware. :-(

--
Regards,
Pyun YongHyeon