Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2008 13:50:11 +0100
From:      "Luca Presotto" <Luca.Presotto@cern.ch>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   wpi driver patches

Hi,
It's still me.=20
I have read past posts about the patches available for the wpi =
intel3945abg driver found at:
http://people.freebsd.org/~thompsa/wpi_releng7.diff=20
I see that it's a diff between the newest version and a version dated:2 =
february 2008.
The wpi drivers I have are from:
www.clearchain.com/wiki/FreeBSD_Intel_3945abg_WPI_Wireless_Driver
and are last updated in november.

If I try to apply the patches with
#patch < wpi_releng7.diff
 I get lots of errors.

Hunk #1 failed at 75.
Hunk #2 failed at 158.
Hunk #3 failed at 188.
Hunk #4 failed at 198.
Hunk #5 succeeded at 212 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #6 succeeded at 220 with fuzz 1 (offset 1 line).
Hunk #7 succeeded at 300 with fuzz 2 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #8 failed at 461.
Hunk #9 failed at 507.

and so on for lots of line...
When coming to the last file(if_wpivar.h) It tells me:
Reversed (or previously applied) patch detected!  Assume -R? [y]=20

Any answer I give will give some error.

Of course after that if I try to compile it gives lots of error.
All that to say that it looks to me like the wrong patch for the drivers =
I have.

Where can I find more updated drivers to which I can apply these =
patches?

Thank you!