Date:      Fri, 31 Jan 1997 13:47:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      Snob Art Genre <ben@narcissus.ml.org>
To:        Igor J Barani <ijbarani@syr.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Help!!!

On Fri, 31 Jan 1997, Igor J Barani wrote:

> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> Please let me know if BSD supports LINUX applications or programs that
> are specifically designed for LINUX.  Additionally, what is the BSD
> compatibility with other UNIX systems.  Thank you.

FreeBSD has a Linux emulator which works well.

Compatibility with other UNIX systems?  Well, in terms of applications,
it runs SCO binaries better than SCO does, under emulation.  It also runs
BSD/OS bins as native.

In terms of files, FreeBSD's filesystem is also used by at least Solaris,
I'm not sure who else.  Linux can read it but not write it.

> Sincerely,
> Igor Barani

 Ben

The views expressed above are not those of the Worker's Compensation
Board of Queensland, Australia.