Date:      Wed, 30 Aug 2000 10:33:50 +0400
From:      Igor Roboul <igor@raduga.dyndns.org>
To:        FreeBSD questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   softupdates. is it good?

Hello,
I have FreeBSD 4.1-S server with two IDE disks on different controllers.
First disk contains FreeBSD software and /home, second disk contains
Samba shared data (lot of files, which are readed and writed but not deleted or
created). Will softupdates give me more performance/stability ? I have good
performance now, and I have _stable_ system now but ... ???

System: PIII/500 256Mb RAM, 1 UDMA66 disk, 1 UDMA33 disk, 10Mbit network (two
interfaces), Samba 2.0.7, very few users (10-20, Windows95+DOS accounting
application)

--
Igor Roboul, Unix System Administrator & Programmer @ sanatorium "Raduga"
http://www.brainbench.com/transcript.jsp?pid=304744