Date:      Tue, 03 Oct 2006 12:11:14 +0200
From:      Palle Girgensohn <girgen@FreeBSD.org>
To:        David Sledge <dsledge@appriss.com>, Sergey Matveychuk <sem@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        Ronald Klop <ronald-freebsd8@klop.yi.org>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Will eclipse32 be committed before ports freeze? (pr	ports/102993)

--On tisdag, september 26, 2006 14.33.07 -0400 David Sledge
<dsledge@appriss.com> wrote:

>    Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
>
> Ronald Klop wrote:
>

> Hello,
>
> 10 October is the ports freeze for FreeBSD 6.2. Will the port of Eclipse
> 3.2 be committed before then?
> It is a new port, so I don't think it will interrupt with other ports.
>

> 1) We need a repocopy.
>

>    On the feedback for the PR I answered that I did not think a repocopy
>    was needed since almost all of the files are new with different names
>    for the eclipse32 port. I only kept a handful of the original files.

I agree that we don't need a repo copy, but I would like to go one step
further; we don't need two different versions of eclipse in the ports tree.

There are about two dozen ports that rely on eclipse. Most of them can
probably easily be upgraded to work with eclispe-3.2. I'd prefer updating
the ports, and updating eclipse to 3.2.

What do you think?

/Palle