Date:      Fri, 19 Nov 1999 10:06:37 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   PCMCIA Ether card.

I checked the Harware list, and it currently shows the 3c589 as the only
supported pcmcia ethernet card.  I'm going to buy a cardbus 82559 ethernet
card from intel, and want to know if it will have fxp support once cardbus
is in place?  I really don't want to buy a 3Com card if I can help it.

The laptop in question is a Dell Latitude CPiR, 400mhz PII, 128MB RAM,
NeoMagic MagicMedia256ZX, and MagicMedia 256 Audio (which appears to be a
yamaha based sound board).

Anyone out there running this configuration, and if so, have you had any
problems with FreeBSD on it?

The XFree86 project just lists NeoMagic, no specific chips in the
supported hardware list...anyone using this particular NeoMagic chipset?

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)