Date:      Tue, 19 May 1998 21:10:26 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Marco A. Barbosa S." <mbarbosa@fciencias.ens.uabc.mx>
To:        alhh@alur1.alurtenaga.com.my (Ahmad Lokman)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: File system error

> I've got this eror message and cannot send mail out:
>
> Below is the mail I've got inside the mail:-
>
> checking setuid files and devices:
>

> checking for uids of 0:
> root 0
> toor 0
> cmp: EOF on /var/log/dmesg.today
>

> ac1 kernel log messages:
> > pid 236 (sendmail), uid 0 on /var: file system full
> > pid 236 (sendmail), uid 0 on /var: file system full
> > pid 236 (sendmail), uid 0 on /var: file system full

how about going to /var and checking for any oversized logs
and usr mail files? you may gzip those...
in the /var directory thingie you have all the mail related
things and logs and other cute stuff... maybe if you clean
it up a bit your problems will go away a bit...

try df -k to see how much space you have left on your /var
thingie after you do a bit of cleaning...