Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 12:47:45 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        shimon@simon-shapiro.org
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Show Stopper? Failure to Install 19981014

> I am installing, from scratch, on a known-to-be-good system, FreeBSD
> 3.0-CURRENT, the snapshot from 14-Oct (compiled here) and getting the
> following error messages during filesystem creation:
>
> [ After newfs lists superblocks ]
>
> newfs: ioctl (WDINFO): cros-device link
> newfs: /mnt/dev/rda0s4a cant rewrite disk label.

FWIW, I've seen this reported by 2-3 other people as well (and not
with DPT controllers) but I'm buggered if I can reproduce it here on
any of my test boxes.  Can you tell me a bit more about what installation
type you're using, whether the disks are being installed "dangerously
dedicated", are shared with other OSes, etc?

Thanks!

- Jordan