Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 10:46:13 -0500
From:      Brian T.Schellenberger <bts@babbleon.org>
To:        Carl Tucker <cft@panix.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spamming FreeBSD lists.

On Tuesday 08 January 2002 01:37 am, Carl Tucker wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 10:27:30AM -0800, Ken McGlothlen wrote:
> > advertisement, freebsd.org will bill you or your company $100 per
> > subscriber, payable net-30.  Currently, there are 1500 [or whatever]
> > subscribers."
> >
> > Good idea?  Bad idea?
>
> Bad idea, I think.  That message condones spamming the list.  It says
> you can spam, and it costs $100.

Actually, per the last two sentences, it costs $150,000.00.  Considering all
the good that $150,000 would do for the FreeBSD project, I'd be willing to be
on the receiving end of a single spam message if the sender contributed that
much to the project.

But of course in practice it would merely serve as a deterrent to send the
spam in the first place, and that would be ok, too.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger . . . . . . .   bts@wnt.sas.com (work)
                                        http://www.babbleon.org

-------> Free Dmitry Sklyarov!  (let him go home)  <-----------