Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:44:07 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Karin Lagesen <karin@ii.uib.no>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   stunnel-3.14 problem revisited

A few days ago I had a few problems getting stunnel to work, and posted
about it here (ref. stunnel, fetchmail and pop3). The problem I was having
was first of all getting stunnel to start at startup, so I did some
testing to get it to work, and it seemed like the problem was that it
wanted to have directory called '/var/run/stunnel/' that it could store
its pid number in. Based on advice from this list I made that directory,
and stunnel was working fine. But here is the problem. When I reboot my
machine, the directory I just made ('/var/run/stunnel/') has disappeared,
and thus stunnel cannot start up as it should. This seems to me to be a
Stupid Thing (TM). Does anybody have any tips on how I can get that
directory to be there permanently? Or is there something else I should be
doing?

Thanks,
Karin
--