Date:      Wed, 30 Sep 1998 22:12:10 -0700
From:      "Eric Ken Lin" <elin@orion.ac.hmc.edu>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: help...

On Wednesday, September 30, 1998 @ 9:41 PM, Dennis wrote:

>Hi!I am a new user of FreeBSD,i was setup by CD-ROM...but when i had setup
>everthing ,and can login,
>I can not read the cd,when i go to /cdrom,it had nothing in this ,even i
>had insert the CD or not ....so i can
>setup the X11.....i am using Sony6X CD-ROM.. ...thanks...

After you booted up FreeBSD, did you use a mount command to link your CD-ROM
drive to your /cdrom directory? FYI, there are many versions of the mount
command, i.e. mount_msdos for mounting DOS partitions. If the regular mount
command doesn't work, try something like mount_iso9660.

Hope this helps!  :-)