Date:      Fri, 11 Dec 2009 16:09:25 -0500
From:      Daniel Clark <clarkddc@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-proliant <freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org>
Subject:   hpasm driver status

I've searched the list from time to time on this topic. Has anyone been
successful in contacting the author of the the hapsm package,
http://people.freebsd.org/~jcagle/? His packages were target towards FreeBSD
5 and FreeBSD 6. With the recent release of the version 8, of the OS, I'm
seriously wondering what the direction is for proliant driver support. I
tried contacting the author a few weeks ago, with no response. From a legal
point of view, what would it take get an actual port from HP? Is it feasible
for a survey form to be setup, to attain interest? I'd be willing to make a
donation to the effort, if this is something that we can make happen.