Date:      Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:15:20 -0800
From:      "Crist J. Clark" <cjclark@reflexnet.net>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>, cjclark@alum.mit.edu, "Brent B.Powers" <powers@b2pi.com>, David Kelly <dkelly@hiwaay.net>, Tim Gustafson <tim@falconsoft.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Two NICs In FreeBSD

On Thu, Jan 04, 2001 at 12:28:09AM -0800, Alfred Perlstein wrote:
> * Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net> [010104 00:23] wrote:

> > > This is not the way to do it. The IP address of a fried card will
> > > still be unreachable.

> > Increase bandwidth ? A pipe doesn't increase it's width just because you
> > try to pour more water into it. At least not under the conventional laws
> > of this particular universe...

> > > Huh, how's that?
>
> 100mbit ports, GigE uplink?

But that is a whole 'nuther beast.

Yes, there are situations where multiple NICs from a single box
increases bandwidth, but I can't think of one where it is a collision
domain (not completely true but for this conversation, close enough),
and that should be the only time a NIC hears ARP replies meant for
another interface.